Feb 11, 2010

Birthday Girl

 

A digital painting for Apple's 21st birthday, commissioned by a friend. I really enjoyed doing this piece despite all the late nights spent making sure everything looked perfect, and I loved how toe symbols and colours come together so beautifully to make up a painting that speaks about its subject. My favourite part of the painting is her dress - Isn't it a dream? I used Mark Ryden's The Apology as a guide and just wingged it with the red silk underskirt and green brocade, and I'm loving the finished look. The "doorway" was inspired by Venetian windows and Magritte's The Mask, and painted to look like it was merging with the sky.

I'm going to continue doing paintings like these.. maybe portraits, or just different elements all put in together like a jigsaw. Anyone up for a portrait of yourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment