Jan 6, 2010

Everyday Raccoons

Inspired by designers like Stefan Bucher and his Daily Monsters, and an article in Smashing Magazine about designing something every day, I have decided to devote my first half hour in the office every day and the last hour before I go to bed at night to designing something, anything. Being stuck in a full-time design job can kill a designer's love for design, and it's been making me antsy and annoyed that I never have the time to draw anything other than what my clients ask for. So this is an attempt, no, a promise that I will not let my creativity die, I will not turn into a cranky desk-lady who doesn't do anything else but work, and that I will do something colourful, thought-provoking, useful, or pure nonsensical, every day, just for the fun of it.

It may not work out, I may fail terribly and overwork myself to bits, but I am committing to it, starting today. Be gentle with me these first few days.

2 comments:

  1. I like this blog! Even though i think a piece of work per day is pretty damn crazy because you know there are days you just wanna crash!

    Anyway, Clarence had this idea of starting a facebook group where a word is given at a particular time and everybody who wants to participate have an hour to design anything be it, a poster, publication (OA), an idea, brand just based on that word. We haven't gotten around to really making it happen but what do you think? It is meant for people like us or NS boys with no concrete time to do something creative and fun.

    -steph

    ReplyDelete